Table of Contents
The articles underneath has been supplied by PSEG Long Island and has no editorial input from Information 12 Prolonged Island.
The end of summer season usually means little ones and employees all throughout Extensive Island will be returning to faculty. It is essential to be additional cautious though driving as activity will increase in college zones and large quantities of college students are creating their way to and from faculty. Follow these straightforward ideas to assist guarantee that little ones access faculty properly.
Driving in and all over educational institutions zones
• Put away your cellphone. It’s a superior thought no make a difference exactly where you are driving, but especially in college zones wherever youngsters are collected.
• Always obey college zone speed limits right until you are safely and securely out of the faculty zone.
• Watch for kids collected all around school buses or at crosswalks.
• If your morning route can take you as a result of a college zone, give oneself more time so that you are not rushed and taking unnecessary likelihood.
• Drop off and decide on up your children only in the school’s selected regions.
• Keep an extra eye out for little ones in the late afternoon and early night on university times. With extracurricular things to do, lots of learners travel household later in the day.
For little ones going for walks or biking to faculty
• Look for visitors when stepping off a bus or from guiding parked autos.
• Cross the road only at specified crosswalks. Search equally still left and proper and left once again ahead of crossing.
• If a driver is stopped, make eye get hold of right before crossing.
• Always obey crossing guards.
• Always have on bike helmets when biking to college. Stay on sidewalks or biking lanes and obey all protection policies concerning crossing streets.